FAQs Sys Admin 2018-03-07T12:10:56+08:00
Why use a Registered Tax Agent? Sys Admin 2018-02-07T11:43:12+08:00

Registered Tax Agents are regulated by the Tax Practitioners Board and are required to have a certain level of qualifications and experience in preparing a variety of tax returns to gain their registration. Tax Agents are required to have professional indemnity insurance and must adhere to a code of professional conduct. By using a registered Tax Agent, you are ensuring that your return is being prepared by a suitably qualified person. You can see whether a Tax Agent is registered by searching on www.tpb.gov.au

What’s the due date to a lodge tax return? Sys Admin 2013-08-02T07:21:41+08:00

If you prepare your tax return yourself, the due date is 31 October. By using a Tax Agent, you may be eligible for extensions up to 15 May, but this depends on your level of income and lodgment history. If you have not used a Tax Agent in the past, you will need to contact Matrix Partners before 31 October.

How much will my tax return cost? Sys Admin 2013-08-02T07:21:41+08:00

The cost to prepare an individual tax return will vary based on the complexity of the return. For businesses, it is difficult to provide an estimate of the cost without knowledge of your whole situation, so we suggest contacting us for an obligation free discussion or consultation, after which we can give you a quote of our fees.

All Tax Agent fees paid will be tax deductible.

How hard is it to change accountants? Sys Admin 2018-02-07T11:43:12+08:00

Most people compare changing accountants to changing banks. They have a history and regardless of the service they are currently receiving, will continue to go back year after year because it’s just too hard to change.

In most cases, it can be a fairly simple transition and it can highlight issues that have previously not been dealt with as you are having a fresh set of eyes looking over your affairs. Upon your instruction we will correspond with your previous accountants to meet all ethical requirements and organise retrieval of your records.

I have multiple years outstanding. Can you help? Sys Admin 2013-08-02T07:21:41+08:00

Yes, we can help get you up to date and all returns can be done at the same time.

How long will it take to receive my refund? Sys Admin 2013-08-02T07:21:41+08:00

Once a tax return is lodged, it takes approximately 14 days to receive your refund, but it is dependent on Tax Office processing times.

I need to set up a company or trust. Can you help me? Sys Admin 2018-02-07T11:43:12+08:00

Yes, we can assist you with the establishment of all types of entities, as well as applying for ABNs, Tax File Numbers and PAYG Withholding. We can also advise you of what type of entity will best suit your circumstances. The cost involved will be explained up front, and generally we pass on the cost of our service provider without any mark up to save you money.

Will you return my calls within a reasonable time? Sys Admin 2018-02-07T11:43:11+08:00

We are accountants that return our calls, because we like talking to our clients!  We try to return all calls by the end of the day if possible or at least within a twenty four hour period.

Are you familiar with the accounting/software package I use in my business? Sys Admin 2013-08-02T07:21:41+08:00

All our staff can use the MYOB, Xero, Quicken or Cash-flow manager software.